the wibsite

Launch of the all-new Wibsite.com

8th Nov

It’s been an awful, awful long time coming, but it’s finally here. A brand-spanking new Wibsite.com running off a world-class piece of software which allows much more advanced use of the Wiblogs. We’ve got a new design, much more prominent Wiblogs on the homepage, new boards, new admin and a collection of new themes (and more to come).

There’ll no doubt be a lot more put here about the new Wibsite.com over the next few days, but for now just have fun!

Saved on November 8th, 2008 by chris

Comments

13 Responses to “Launch of the all-new Wibsite.com”

1. Steve says:

Huzzah!!! I can see my whole Sunday afternoon disappearing as I try to get to grips with the new site… but how exciting!!

And I know we’ve all said countless times already, but thanks Chris, Rhys, Dave and the Wibsite Elves for all the time and effort you’ve expended to allow us to have somewhere that we can talk total cobblers (or is that just me?). Loving your work.

2. ian says:

Well done to all. Looking very, very nice.

3. kercal says:

Thanks for the hard work as ever Team Wib. Nice to see things up and running, sparkly and new :)

4. truthsign says:

I hate to be picky but it took me about 20 mins to work out how to publish my post. Then I realized that this was because the ‘save’ and ‘publish’ buttons only appeared when I clicked on the bottom right arrow of the box they are supposed to appear in – and I could only use them by holding the mouse button down after clicking on the arrow. The rest of the time, the buttons simply don’t display but are ‘hidden’ behind the text box, which I suspect is not displaying properly anyway as the text only appears in the right hand two thirds of the box.

Has anyone actually tested this on a Mac? Do WordPress do a Mac version?

5. truthsign says:

…and another thing: every one of my archive posts has ‘written by rhys’ at the top. Is this just a blip created by the changeover? Because I do really prefer to be recognized as the creator of my own writing…

Sorry, I’m in a truly whingey mood today. Well done to all the admins for getting the new site up and running – I’m sure I’ll get used to it eventually.

6. chris says:

truthsign: don’t worry about being whingy. There are lots of loose ends to tidy up.

Regarding the “Save” and “Publish” buttons being hidden – I’m not sure what’s happened there. It does it for me too (Firefox in Ubuntu Linux) so it’s not just a Mac thing. I’ll look into it as soon as I can.

> every one of my archive posts has ‘written by rhys’ at the top

Yes, this is because of the transfer. Basically Rhys did your transfer so his name appears. I’m working my way through the system to replace Rhys’ and my name with the true author of the posts. It should be done within the next couple of days.

7. ferijen says:

Hi, the save and publish problems were playing up for me in a windows firefox mode. Which is odd as I’ve not had that problem using wordpress before in firefox.

Thank you all. Where does the chocolate go to?

8. The save and publish thing happens for me too, but once I’d figured it out it was just a minor inconvenience rather than a major trauma. Thanks for all the work guys :)

9. ian says:

As I said on the Wibsite WordPress blog, the “Save” and “Publish” was similar for me [Firefox] yesterday and earlier today — but now it seems all fine. Has it fixed for anyone else, or am I going mad?

If anything was done by the boffins: thank you; if not, thank you anyway. :) You guys are fantastic.

10. davekillingback says:

Kewl (as the kids say).

11. chris says:

I’ve fixed the “Save” and “Publish” button problem. It was, erm, something I did wrong :(

12. Miffy says:

Don’t worry, Chris. You should see the pig’s dinner I’ve made of my links! The site’s great.

13. tractorgirl says:

I just have to say thanks loads for all your hard work. It’ll take time to get used to, but it’s cool.