the wibsite

Some changes and additions

11th Nov

We’ve been hard at work knocking a few of the rough edges and sharp corners off the new Wibsite. In particular we’ve fixed the image uploading problem (have you seen the beginnings of our new help section, with images?) and given you 250mb 500mb of space to save your pictures. You should be able to save a LOT of pictures of cats, tortoises or other animals with that amount of space.

I’ve also just added a dozen or so more themes, here’s a few screenshots from them:

So now you should have no reason for those “I can’t believe she’s wearing the same dress as me!” moments.

There’s lots more in the pipeline, not least of which is completing the help section and working on the main Wibsite website to show more of what’s happening around all the Wiblogs. In the meantime happy blogging, and remember you can ask for help in the boards (or by email or comments here if that’s not working).

Saved on November 11th, 2008 by chris

Comments

12 Responses to “Some changes and additions”

1. Ian says:

Chris: you, and Rhys and Dave, are simply amazing. Thank you so much for all you do.

Off to change my theme…I like one of the above.

2. chas says:

Apparently unable to login to the boards, sorry …

An image-uploading-related question – I tried to upload a site icon, and it wouldn’t let me – should it have?

And just to say, again, many thanks for all of your efforts …

3. chris says:

Chas: I guess you can log in to your Wiblog OK, yes? It’s just the board that doesn’t like you? If so then the problem is being narrowed down….

Regarding the site icon, did you get an error?

4. chas says:

I thought you might ask me that:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(../wp-content/blogs.dir/icons/chas.temp.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.blurt/wibftp/wibsite.com/wp-content/mu-plugins/wibsite-user-admin.php on line 76

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move ‘/usr/local/tmp/phpxBYsjY’ to ‘../wp-content/blogs.dir/icons/chas.temp.jpg’ in /home/.blurt/wibftp/wibsite.com/wp-content/mu-plugins/wibsite-user-admin.php on line 76

Sorry, there was a problem saving your icon which is probably our fault. Please click back and try again. The rest of your preferences have been saved.

Thanks again,

Chas

And, yes, thank you, I can login to my wiblog, but not the board …

5. auntiedoris says:

I tried to upload an icon too and got the same message.

6. rosamundi says:

Chas and I appear to have both the same problems – I can log into my blog, but the board has apparently taken a dislike to me, and I can’t upload a site icon either – I get the same error message when I try.

7. chris says:

Thanks chas, I’ve fixed the icon problem so you should all be able to add your own icon which will appear in the Wiblogs list (http://wibsite.com/wiblogs/) and also on the front page when you make a new post.

You may also want to sign up for a Gravatar (http://en.gravatar.com/) which will work on loads of sites around the Internet when you leave comments.

Regarding the boards not allowing you to log in, I’ll take a good look at that as soon as I can.

8. chas says:

Many thanks – image uploaded!

The funny thing is, when I visited the Gravatar site, it greeted me as a long-lost friend, though I have no recollection of having signed up …

9. pants says:

I’ve probably missed it cos I didn’t read another thread, but I assume we can’t upload our own choice themes from the Word Press site?

10. chris says:

Hi pants, you can see my response here: http://wibsite.com/board/topic/themes

11. truthsign says:

You folks are brilliant. Please forgive all my moanings when it first changed – I’m getting too old to cope with change.

12. truthsign says:

All the pictures I uploaded on the old site seem to have vanished (possibly along with the posts that had them). Do I have to re-load all the images (actually there are only three, but finding the posts I put them in could take about two years…).